Gain complete knowledge of preparing your embryology laboratory for IVF, challenges associated with conventional IVF and tips and tricks to optimize the results of conventional IVF.
What you will learn?
During the course each participant receives thorough knowledge on:
- Maintaining ideal culture conditions
- Which media to use when?
- Preparation of dishes for embryo culture up to the blastocyst stage
- Algorithm to move towards blastocyst culture
- Optimisation of sperm preparation for IVF
- Daily, weekly and monthly laboratory management protocols
- Daily record keeping and exposure to data management
- Tips to predict failed fertilisation in Conventional IVF
- Trouble shooting tips using KPIs
Who should attend?
- Budding embryologists
- Practicing embryologists wanting to perfect their techniques
- Clinicians who want an insight into basic embryology
- Clinicians / IVF clinic owners who want to learn about routine lab maintenance
Aspiring to become an embryologist? Looking at perfecting your basic embryology techniques? Wanting to validate your embryology lab maintenance protocol?
The basics of embryology, like maintaining perfect culture conditions, ideal dish preparation techniques, optimal sperm preparation methods, routine lab maintenance protocol – all these have a great impact on the success of an IVF program.
This basic embryology course will give you the confidence to start IVF if you are a beginner and will optimise your techniques if you are already a budding embryologist.
Education Teaching Methods
- Interactive discussion and teaching sessions
- Hands-on laboratory training sessions
- Live lectures and multimedia presentations
Evaluation of Trainee
- Knowledge/Theoretical Component (30%): Multiple choice questions on lab techniques linked to each course module
- Practical Skills (50%): Tested on specific lab techniques taught during the training
- Verbal Communication & Comprehension Skills / Integrative Component (20%): PowerPoint talk on a topic linked to a course module and viva voce
- The performance of the candidate throughout the course will be reflected in a Report
- Candidates who meet the training requirements and successfully complete the course work will be awarded the Training Certificate
Each participant to receive :
- Course Syllabus with Reading Material and Lab Protocols
- Certificate of Training (issued upon successful assessment by the instructor)
- Daily Lunch