Be A Professional Of PGS And Other ART Techniques. Learn With The Experts
The eternal cycle of life revolves around child birth. Almost all individuals yearn for a child of their own. However there are plenty of misfortunate couples who don’t have the luck. The situation might sound lenient but in reality it’s highly alarming. A general news report in a local newspaper said that around 27.5 million couples are childless only in India; the current ratios in the rest of world are even more alarming. As medical practitioners and clinical biologists it becomes our foremost responsibility to treat these couple. However for treating our first step should be at knowing. The world of reproductive biology is immense, and so are its treatments. Different bodies, different couples, different genetic mutations, different living styles and standards provoke circumstantial innovation in ways of treatments. Such innovations are only possible when we have a proper training and strong grasp over the subject both in theories and on lab methods. Among many of such ART techniques one such is PGS.
PGS: Why, When, How
PGS is Pre-implantation Genetic Screening. To put in simple terms, PGS is a genetic test which allows to doctors to screen for any chromosomal defect or abnormalities. This step although is not directly related to IVF procedure, however it has extreme importance. Testing the IVF embryos ensures that healthy embryos have formed and have been implanted which increases the success rate of implantation to a greater extent.
PGS is advised to couples at risk of abnormal embryo formations and issues like:
- A family history of genetic disorders.
- Previous failed IVFs
- Recurrent miscarriages including normal and chemical pregnancies.
- Seeking IVF at slightly older age etc.
PGS is an extremely simple procedure where
- Couple of cells from embryo are collected
- DNA testing is done for screening different genetic markers.
- Then the doctors choose the healthiest embryo for implantation.
The International School for Reproductive Medicine and Embryology was established with the aim to impart excellence in the field of reproductive biology and infertility treatments. Our elite faculties and the course curriculum prepared by them gives the trainees a perfect blend of classroom as well as lab based knowledge.
At ISRME, we provide an array of courses like
- Clinical Module
- Embryological Modules
- ART (Assisted Reproductive Therapy) courses
- Embryo Biopsy
- Many Customized courses for individual specializations.
Our dynamic Theta module of Clinical courses offersPGS training under the guidance of your honorable director Dr.Gautam Allahabadia. This advanced training course program provides knowledge from classroom theories to interactive sessions. From protocol to various troubleshooting methods during PGS are discussed with many live case studies for hands-on knowledge in this advanced technique.
Our team has some of the best known medical practitioners, clinical embryologists, biotechnologists, molecular biologists of international repute and experience over decades.
- Dr.Gautam Allahabadia: An IVF expert of international repute is also the director of Medicare Fertility Centre in Dubai & has worldwide fame of treating infertility cases over a decade. He was country’s first doctor responsible for a trans-ethnic surrogate pregnancy delivery.
- Goral Gandhi: A world renowned clinical embryologist and an expert of ART techniques has an experience of over 20years and in her long experiences has handled over 3500 patients both in the country and internationally. She has trained over 350 trainees worldwide.
So join our ISRME family today, learn from the experts and be an expert of PGM and other ART techniques.